As I get ready to play hooky and go see Bridesmaids, I wanted to share this moment with my own maid of honor, home girl, best friend and soul mate, Jen Mahal Wardrip-Fruin. There was no better person to have at my side as I promised the rest of my life to Ryan. And she’s kept me to it!
Best friends are special women. Some play a life long role in our lives while others serve a specific purpose but leave good memories and lasting lessons.
I’m lucky that Jen has always been there for me. I probably couldn’t rid of her if I tried and vice versa.
1. When Thelma picks Louise up off the floor and resorts to armed robbery to keep them on the road.
2. Anytime Lula says to Stephanie Plum, “Suppose you need a big full-figure woman like me to help straighten things out?”
3. When Miranda follows Charlotte home even though they’ve fought over her decision to abort her unexpected pregnancy while Charlotte deals with infertility. Yes, there are tear-jerker moments in Sex and the City.
4. When Aggie asks Nely who will come for her when she dies while they’re watching The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. It made me cry when I wrote it and then it made my editors cry. Score!
5. After I see Bridesmaids, I’ll let you know.
I haven’t read it yet, but come on, with a cover like this, how could I pass it up?
Stella Hardesty dispatched her abusive husband with a wrench shortly before her fiftieth birthday. Now she’s juggling her sewing machine shop and a series of clients seeking help with their own problem husbands while fighting a powerful attraction to the local Sheriff.
Best friends since back in the day, Aggie and Nelyare as different as two women could possibly be. Aggie’s slim and stylish, owns an upscale boutique and a long history of no-strings relationships. Nely has a busy baby, a metiche mother-in-law, and some extra post-pregnancy pounds she can’t quite shed. And when they take a trip to a New Age spa, each friend finds herself wishing just a little that she had the other one’s life.
Thanks to the metaphysical meddling of a somewhat grumpy guru, Nely is now Aggie and Aggie is Nely–switching bodies, love lives, families, closets…everything! The grass may not be quite as green as the other originally appeared. As luck has it, they’ll be stuck this way until the next full moon! And with a husband, his very suspicious mama, a temperamental tot, a business on the brink of disaster, and a sort-of boyfriend–not to mention a sleazy stalker–thrown into the mix, Aggie and Nely suddenly find they’re not just walking in each other’s shoes… they’re running!
To purchase a copy, please visit Mary’s store.
To refill your Kindle, visit Amazon