Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. The last Mom heard was that my dad was back at his station. The fires are still going so there’s a chance his strike team will be deployed.
I also received the following list from the Las Comadres network and wanted to share this with everyone.
To make a cash donation: Your donation can help organizations obtain goods and services locally to issue assistance to victims.
- American Red Cross: Support their Disaster Relief Fund which enables them to provide shelter, food, counseling and other assistance to victims of disaster
- San Diego Humane Society and SPCA: Help to rescue and evacuate pets
- Volunteer San Diego: Support their Disaster Program which allows them to meet volunteer needs locally
- San Diego Foundation: Support their After-the-Fires fund which will provide food, shelter, housing and address healthcare needs of the victims.
To offer non-cash donations (blankets, food, etc):
- Please call a special hotline set up by the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services to offer your non-cash donations, 1-800-750-2858
- To volunteer: Search for ways to volunteer at www.californiavolunteers.org
- You can visit also : http://www.wishuponahero.com/ to give and receive help.
Here’s a link to help out in Orange County: http://www.ocregister.com/news/font-normal-style-1903511-span-class